Tuesday 10 September 2013

Ancient & Modern

I had a great weekend at the Ancient Technology Centre, very relaxing and laid back - mainly because we were not over-run with folk wanting to play with us!
I did some experiments with Bronze Age "Bunsen Burners" that I had made and conclusively proved that mutton and bacon fat are not good fuels. I need to do some more research into how things burn.
Rumour has it that it is my birthday today, so I might have a day off - although traditionally I cut a 25kg bag of clay up into lumps equal to the number of years I have been alive and throw them in celebration. Time was when the pots kept about the same size as I made them thinner each year - now they just get smaller and smaller! But I need some bowls for Raku firing with workshops, so perhaps I'll do those.

No comments:

Post a Comment