Saturday 2 August 2014

Working Holidays

Apologies for a lack of blogging recently - I've been away from interweb connections! And very nice it was too!
 We did another great wood fuelled kiln firing, quickest one yet with some good results.

I've been on a working holiday at Corfe Castle with other members of the Ancient Wessex Network, see details at this link :-
http://ancientwessex.net/venue.php?venue_id=274
We had an interesting time, the weather was almost too good and I am still recovering from mild heat exhaustion, coupled with a summer dose of man-flu!
I've been hiding from the sun since my return - preparing the design for map of the Artwey September Art Trail http://artwey.co.uk/activity/artwey+september+2014+art+trail which is coming along nicely now.
I have to bite the bullet very soon and start the massive re-organisation of my studio and stores to enable me to open to the public in September, for the first time ever. The aim is to stage a retrospective display of my pottery to celebrate my 60th Birthday and sell some of my back catalogue of pieces that have sat around too long, but are actually some the best pots I have ever made! Also some of the lesser pots to people with no appreciation of quality and no money!! Perhaps I should not say that?! My daughter, Lottie, has agreed to curate it for me, to add some style and thought to what might otherwise end up as a pile of crocks! Watch this space as the show comes together!

No comments:

Post a Comment